Teaching Cooking

I have taught basic cooking to my seven children and to classes of elementary children. When my youngest daughter wanted to learn, I found that taking the recipes and making them into a step-by-step format made it easier for her, so here is a blog to hopefully make cooking easier for the beginner.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rhubarb Crisp

Rhubarb is a particular favorite at our house and this recipe is sooooo easy and sooooo yummy!

Rhubarb Crisp

1. Chop up 4 cups of rhubarb (about 12 stalks) in 1/2 inch pieces.  Spread out in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
2.  Sprinkle 1 cup of sugar evenly over the rhubarb.
3. Sprinkle 1 3 oz package of strawberry or raspberry jello over the sugar. (I like it when it sets up really well, so sometimes I use a 6 oz package)
4. Sprinkle one package of cake mix over the top of the jello, either lemon (my favorite), white or yellow.  They all taste good.  Break up any large chunks.
5. Pour 3/4 cup of water over the cake mix.
6. Melt 1 cube of butter and pour it over the top of the cake mix also.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.  I have served it hot, but I like the jello to set up, so I usually let it cool for a few hours first.

No comments:

Post a Comment