Teaching Cooking

I have taught basic cooking to my seven children and to classes of elementary children. When my youngest daughter wanted to learn, I found that taking the recipes and making them into a step-by-step format made it easier for her, so here is a blog to hopefully make cooking easier for the beginner.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dijon Chicken

This is a chicken dish I created for a quick dinner one night.  I was trying to think of a way to prepare chicken without breading and this came into my mind.  After rave reviews, I think it is a keeper!

Dijon Chicken

3 pounds chicken tenders (about that)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons chives
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1 teaspoon McCormick Herb Garden spice mix
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Place the chicken in a bowl.  Mix all the other ingredients with a wire whisk in another small bowl.  Pour this over the chicken and either stir with a spoon or mix with your hands if you don't mind the feel of the raw chicken.  Place it all in a "zip-lock" bag and refrigerate for at least one hour.  Place in a baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350º F. 

No comments:

Post a Comment