Teaching Cooking

I have taught basic cooking to my seven children and to classes of elementary children. When my youngest daughter wanted to learn, I found that taking the recipes and making them into a step-by-step format made it easier for her, so here is a blog to hopefully make cooking easier for the beginner.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Pear Honey

Pear Honey

9 cups of sliced pears (this can be an approximate amount so if you have more, it still works)
1 can pineapple chunks
1/4 cup lemon juice
3-5 cups sugar

1.  Peel and core the pears.
2.  Slice before measuring.
3.  Put in a blender or food processor with the lemon juice and pineapple.
4.  Blend until partly smooth, but also partly chunky.  I like the chunks in it, but not too big - pea size or smaller is great.
5.  In a large 6 quart pan, pour the blended mixture in and add the sugar.  I start adding the smaller amount and then only add more if I want it  sweeter.
6.  Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.  Be sure to keep stirring the mixture at regular intervals to avoid scorching, it can scorch pretty easy.
7.  Pour the mixture in the jars and process for 10 minutes.

Goes great on pancakes and waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment