Teaching Cooking

I have taught basic cooking to my seven children and to classes of elementary children. When my youngest daughter wanted to learn, I found that taking the recipes and making them into a step-by-step format made it easier for her, so here is a blog to hopefully make cooking easier for the beginner.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Brookies (Half cookie, half brownie!)

Brookies

This was inspired by the fact that I had left over chocolate chip cookie dough and it wasn't going to make enough cookies for the group I was making a dessert for, so I quickly looked up for a recipe on Allrecipes.com  and up pops THE perfect solution.  I used my own chocolate chip cookie recipe that is on my blog and it is a little different than the one on the recipe page mentioned earlier.  So I would use half of that recipe for the cookie base and then the following to make the Brookie.

Use half of this recipe http://step-by-stepcooking.blogspot.com/2012/10/chocolate-chip-cookies.html  for the cookie base.  Spread it in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan make it no more than 1/2 inch think.

Then for the brownie part:

Mix together:
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of butter that has been melted
1 tsp vanilla

Add:
2 eggs

Beat well.

Mix together:
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

Add to the egg, butter, sugar mixture.
Stir to combine all ingredients.

Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough in the pan.

Bake at 350 degrees (175 C), for 20-25 minutes.  Use a toothpick poked in the center to check it, if the toothpick comes out clean, it is ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment