Teaching Cooking

I have taught basic cooking to my seven children and to classes of elementary children. When my youngest daughter wanted to learn, I found that taking the recipes and making them into a step-by-step format made it easier for her, so here is a blog to hopefully make cooking easier for the beginner.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Baked Zucchini Strips

Baked Zucchini Strips

This recipe was an experiment the other day and I think it turned our well enough to put on the blog.

Cut the zucchini in strips either round or elongated.  Depending on the size of the zucchini, I will cut it into sections that are about 2 1/2 to 3 inches long.

In a plastic closure bag (Ziplock), put it
      1/4 cup olive oil
      1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
      1/2 tsp salt
      dash of pepper
      1 Tbsp Salad Supreme Seasoning (McCormick)

Add the sliced zucchini and close the bag tightly.  Thoroughly mix the oil mixture and the zucchini.  Let it sit for 5 minutes.

Place the seasoned zucchini on a baking pan, close but not overlapping each other.

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 7 minutes, turn the zucchini over and back for 5 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment