Teaching Cooking

I have taught basic cooking to my seven children and to classes of elementary children. When my youngest daughter wanted to learn, I found that taking the recipes and making them into a step-by-step format made it easier for her, so here is a blog to hopefully make cooking easier for the beginner.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sweet Chex Mix

Sweet Chex Mix

2 boxes Rice or Corn Chex (can mix one of each if you want)
1 lb. mixed nuts or peanuts (can leave out, but I think it tastes better with them in)
1 cup and butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
1 TBSP vanilla

Mix together in a large bowl the Chex and the nuts.

Boil the butter, sugar, corn syrup for 2 min. 
 Add vanilla.  
Pour over Chex and nuts and stir until well coated.


This makes a lot, so you can store it in an airtight container and save some for later, or give it away as gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment