Teaching Cooking

I have taught basic cooking to my seven children and to classes of elementary children. When my youngest daughter wanted to learn, I found that taking the recipes and making them into a step-by-step format made it easier for her, so here is a blog to hopefully make cooking easier for the beginner.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Yummy Mustard Chicken Thighs

I have been working on ways to prepare chicken without breading it, to keep the calories down.  This one tasted so yummy, I decided to put it on the blog.  I used chicken thighs, but I am sure you could use chicken breasts or tenders and still be good.

Place 4 or 5 boneless chicken thighs in a plastic zip lock bag.

Add to the bag:
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        1/2 teaspoon Seasonal Salt
        1 teaspoon olive oil
        1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
        1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard

Mix it around in the bag until all the pieces have been coated well.  Let them sit in the bag for 15-30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Dump the chicken and all the sauce in an open baking dish.  Bake for 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment